Sarah Yates graduated from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas where she received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology and Communication. After Graduation, she moved to Houston to work in non-profit and later transitioned to working in social services and spent six years with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
While working with the Department, she participated in multiple community development endeavors which provided wrap around services for families, assistance for youth involved with juvenile probation, and a community resource for infants and toddlers in Harris County. Sarah has extensive knowledge in court proceedings, legal documentation, and family law. She joined Waddell Law Firm in September 2022.
Out of the office, Sarah enjoys walking her dog Ollie, supporting local non-profits, and weekly trivia.
- Texas A&M University, College Station, TX – BA- 2012
- Major, Sociology
- Minor, Communication
- Recognized for “Outstanding Achievement and Continuous Contributions to the Success of the Program and Organization”-Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, May 2022
- Statewide Caseworker Leadership Committee participant with Interim Associate Commissioner and Executive Deputy Commissioner- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, June 2022
- The Haunted House- Grown Up Story Time: No. 151, Houston, TX, October 18, 2022
- “The History of Game Shows”- Nerd Nite, Houston, TX, October 2019
- “The History of Dog Fashion”- Nerd Nite, Houston, TX, November 2022